Indianapolis Lightning Rods
Lightning strikes kill around one hundred people in US every year, and it also starts thousands of residential fires. It can strike trees and electrical poles, shattering them into giant splinters that then rip into the side of your home. Lightning can even travel through your plumbing system and electrical wiring to cause internal damage to your home.
Thomas Jefferson Roofing & Remodeling can help your protect your home from the dangers of lightning with our residential lightning rod protection systems. We can install lightning rods on your home to provide a safe path for electricity to follow to the ground. The installations are fairly easy and usually quick, so your Indianapolis home can get the protection it needs in no time.
Benefits of Lightning Rod Systems
- A properly installed lightning protection system is 99% effective in preventing lightning damage.
- You’ll be able to enjoy full security while you’re in your home during a thunderstorm.
- Insurance companies, architects, engineers, safety consultants, and other third-party authorities all recommend lightning rod systems.
- Installing lightning rods along with a secondary surge suppression system will completely eliminate damage to electronic equipment your using in your home.
- Although your system should be inspected regularly, it should also be considered a one-time investment that will never need to be replaced.
- Lightning is a leading cause of house fires is suburban and rural areas around Indianapolis, and this system will guarantee that you’re safe from that threat.
- Not only will the structure of your home be protected from lightning damage, but your possessions, heirlooms, and furniture are also completely safe.
Lightning Rod System Requirements
When you hire our Indianapolis Roofing Contractor to install a lightning rod systems on your home, we’ll make sure the job is done thoroughly and that you’re completely protected from the dangers of lightning. We’ll make sure that all of the required features of a lightning system are in place, including:
- Minimum of two ground rods, at least 10ft deep.
- Down conductors.
- Connect gutters and other grounded features of your home as necessary.
- Lightning rods installed within two feet of outside corners of a chimney.
- Antenna mast connected to roof conductor.
- Rods within 2ft of ridge ends and every 20ft along the ridges.
- Protect all dormers.
- Weather vanes, satellite dishes, and other roof projection will be connected to the system.
- Surge protection installed at main electrical panel and at electronics within the home.
All of our Indianapolis Lightning Rods Protection Systems will be installed up to the highest standards and completely up to code. We use only the highest quality materials, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with both our work and the system.
- Snow and Ice removal tips and advise
1. Do remove snow and ice from drainage devices as it will prevent ice building up inside the gutter. 2. Do not use a snow-blower on your roof. Snow blowers are dangerous and can also permanently tear up the roof. 3. Snow can be removed with a "roof rake." 4. Using picks or hammers or…Read More
- How Do You Know If You Have Hail Damage?
Indiana Storms have fired hail at your roof, siding, gutters, screens and much more!!! Therefore, if you live in Carmel, Lebanon, Westfield and other local areas you could have damage. TJRR will find and repair these damages before they wreak havoc. Also, we are Insurance experts and we work with your insurance company to make…Read More