Stay Safe This Fourth of July
Seeing that Independence Day weekend is upon us, it’s time to call for safety. Fireworks cause thousands of personal injuries each year, almost half of which are to children under the age of 15! Even scarier, the national percentage of house fires caused by fireworks peaks up to 60% at the beginning of July! Please use caution when enjoying your own personal display this weekend, or simply enjoy the local professional ones from a safe distance.
If you are going to have your own display, please read the following list of safety tips from the Indiana State Fire Marshal:
• Never let children handle, play with, or light any fireworks.
• Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
• Always purchase your fireworks from reliable, licensed fireworks dealers.
• Use a clear, open area and keep your audience a safe distance from the shooting site.
• Do not alter any fireworks device or attempt to make your own fireworks.
• Only light one firework item at a time and never attempt to re-light or fix a “dud” firework.
• Have a fire extinguisher, water supply, hose, or bucket of water nearby.
• Be cautious when lighting fireworks when it is windy.
• Never smoke while handling fireworks.
• Never aim, point, or throw fireworks at another person.
Again, Thomas Jefferson Roofing and Remodeling wants to wish everyone a happy and, more importantly, a safe holiday weekend.