Proper Attic Insulation Matters in Indianapolis
Making sure that your attic has proper insulation is a major part of keeping your roofing system in excellent condition. In fact, up to 40% of a home’s conditioned air can escape through an attic without proper insulation. And around 78% of homeowners have not added any insulation to their attics, probably because they believe their attic already has enough.
Your Indianapolis roofing contractor can make sure that the insulation in your attic is totally adequate and will keep your Indianapolis home completely energy efficient throughout the year. Whether you have an older home that needs to insulated after years of wear-and-tear, or a new home that needs to be insulated for the first time, the professionals at Thomas Jefferson Roofing & Remodeling will ensure that your home is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Benefits of Attic Insulation
Most new constructions are built with energy efficient insulation because of the many benefits that it offers to homeowners. Many homeowners in Indianapolis elect to have insulation installation during larger renovations, or even to have it done as a solitary service. Some of the benefits that attic insulation will offer you include:
- Temperature Control – Attic insulation acts like an envelope for your home, and it can help you moderate and maintain your Indianapolis home’s temperature more easily. Hot or cold air outside of your home will not be able to get into or escape your home as easily when you have proper insulation.
- Comfort – Having more control over your home’s temperature means that it will be more comfortable—and, you won’t be overpaying for that comfort.
- Indoor Air Quality – Attic insulation will also stop the circulation of allergens, dust, and pollutants that can get into your attic and then your HVAC system, where it will be circulated throughout your home. This will keep your indoor air clean and safe to breathe.
- Prevent Moisture Damage – Proper insulation will keep moisture from the air and weather outside from getting trapped inside your home. Without proper attic insulation, you could see mold and mildew growth in your attic cause serious damage.
- Energy Efficiency – When your attic is properly insulated, it will take much less energy to heat your Indianapolis home and to keep it heated. You’ll be conserving valuable resources, and you’ll see a decline in your energy costs each month.
Why Choose Our Professionals?
All of the roofing contractors at Thomas Jefferson Roofing & Remodeling are licensed, professionally trained, and extensively experienced, so you can always rely on us for quality Indianapolis Attic Insulation services. Our professionals will work with you personally to ensure that your home is using energy as efficiently as possible, which will save you money each month on utilities, and make your home more environmentally friendly.
- Breast Cancer Awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Thomas Jefferson Roofing and Remodeling, a small, local, family owned business is spending all of October raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness. Why are we raising money for breast cancer? One reason we do this in honor and memory of loved ones here and past that have suffered with…Read More
- Insulation…Keeping the Good Air In and the Bad Air Out
Does your home feel drafty and have cold pockets during the winter months? Does your air conditioner run almost continuously in summertime heat while trying to cool your home? If you answered yes to either of these questions, chances are pretty good that you need additional insulation in your home. While there are different types…Read More