6 Warning Signs That Your Roof Needs Professional Attention
1. Ceiling Spots: Discoloration on your walls and ceiling indicate that you have a leak in your roof that could continue to cause major damage if left unchecked.
2. Dark Streaks: Darkly colored streaks down your roof are most likely due to algae growth. This is a problem which must be solved by a professional.
3. Curled, Buckled, or Missing Shingles: Shingles that are bent, curled, flapped up, or possibly missing are signs of a serious structural issue with your roof.
4. Dark Patches: Dark patches on the roof or in the attic may be indicative of rotting or mold caused by improper ventilation in the attic.
5. Damaged Flashing: Missing, bent, and damaged pieces of flashing (the strips of weatherproofing around chimneys and vents) lead to leaks and other roofing problems.
6. Granule Loss: Small grains of asphalt in your gutters and downspouts can be a sign of premature roof aging.
The purpose of your roof is to keep the outside out. It stops wind, rain, snow, and hot and cold air. These signs, however, show that your roof is not working properly and needs to be repaired or even replaced. Thomas Jefferson Roofing & Remodeling LLC is the company you want to get your roof back into working shape.
Call today or visit our website to schedule a Roof Repair or to request an estimate.